CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On my knees Thanking God

When you act out of love and selfless concern, you are doing that which is right. Lord, I am Your servant in my daily life.

I was searching today for a devotional and daily inspiration and I came across this quote this morning. How fitting for my thoughts.

Yesterday as I was running my errands for work I had to go near the mall and this area is a "uppity" wealthy area.
I was at the stop light and to my right was a woman holding a sign, "Honest Mom, will work for food and clothing for my family, God Bless You".

I wanted to get out of the car pull her in and spend every last dollar on groceries and clothes for her kids. Now I have seen homeless men before and I have seen it on television and I know it is real. But something about this woman brought me to my knees. She had her head down in, standing out in the cold surviving. I pulled over and took every last dollar I had in my wallet which was a measly $23 and I asked her name, it's Linda. I'm going to pray for Linda and her family every night.
I don't care about her story, ~what I mean is that I am not here to judge her, I'm here to help my sister, and pray for her. From woman to woman and mother to mother, weather we do not have children or not we need to help our children.
So last night as I was saying my prayers I again was thanking God for
my family that I do have,
a warm home with warm bed,
a even as much as I grip about it this puge around my belly because I have food to eat,
and my job which I do grip about having to drive 50 miles each way, but I do have a job that I like too,
and of course for having God as my father.
Amen

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I will pray for Linda as well. Thank you for sharing such a nice story with us. That was so nice of you to do that.

Jessica White said...

Ask and you shall receive: How awesome a chance to minister to someone in need!

You did better than me: I never have any cash and wouldn't have been able to do anything.

Stacey said...

What an awesome testimonial! Praise God that you stepped up and took care of one of God's children, I'm sure He is smiling. Thank you for sharing your devotional today, it too made me stop and think how I can be a better servant to God's children as well. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I too will pray for Linda. The realities that she is facing are certainly rough. Just when we think we have it so bad, God shows us in such a gentle and humbling manner that there are others whose trials are much tougher.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Many smiles, hugs and blessings,
Stacey :)