CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Keeping Hope alive

This Poem has been in my head for almost 11 years, so many ask me why don't I just adopt-there are reasons we are unable to adopt that I do not really care to explain right now.
Some just say well you have a beautiful daughter be thankful for her, We are thankful for her, we cherish her and we have so much more love to give.
Some say maybe it was never meant to be that maybe you just need to move on (I just want to say bite me!!) but I'm moving on, just not giving up.

Last night we were going to pick up Baby girl from her boyfriends home and while we were driving out. I started reflecting on our life together.

In this past 12 and half years we have been through so much, how can we stop trying now. I know and believe in my heart that God gives us these lessons to make us stronger and grow to appreciate and cherish life more.

We were part of America's statistics this past summer, we lost our home due to job cuts and low finances. And everytime we go to Baby girls boyfriends home, which he lives in the country I miss my house~we had a cute little farm in the country with lots of animals. I look at the homes in this beautiful snow, with the chimneys puffing smoke, the driveways and roads drifted with snow, the pastures empty because all the animals are snug in the barns, and I just go blank and try to toughen up, suck it up, and cover the hurt in my heart.
I know this path that I'm going down will make me stronger and give me something more to stride for aaagain.
We actually are pretty happy and content this holiday season, we have been living on a quote
Sometimes you have to loose everything to realize that you do have it all.


A Different Child
poem by Pandora MacMillian

People noticeThere's a special glow around you.
You growSurrounded by love,
Never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy
In your mother and father's eyes.

And if sometimes
Between the smiles
There's a trace of tears,
One day
You'll understand

You'll understand
There was once another child
A different child
Who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes
That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much
That different child.

May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
Is this life on earth.

One day, as a young man or woman
You may see
another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort

When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them
With great compassion,
"I know how you feel.
I'm only here
Because my mother tried again."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It is ok to move on, but never give up on your dreams. There is ALWAYS that little bit of hope left that you could soon become pregnant again and have that little baby. Keep the FAITH and never give up on your dreams. I know that I won't. Thank you for sharing that poem with me...it is indeed beautiful. Sorry to hear that you lost your home...times are so tough right now and with it being the holidays, it makes it even more of a struggle. I hope and pray that things get better for you. Hang in there.

Lisa

Jessica White said...

I love that poem...I also love the one on your sidebar (may I post it on my blog?)

I found your blog through the followers on my blog: I'm glad I did...I really enjoyed getting a glimpse into your world...and will continue to drop-in.

I particularly love the last line of the poem "I'm only here
Because my mother tried again."